Monday 12 November 2012

Pageant Vixen Talks: Taylor Neisen


Last week on our "Pageant Vixen Talks," we had Miss World Netherlands 2012 and Miss Tourism International 2012, Nathalie Den Dekker. She told us many things about her. Indeed, she became a role model to everyone. I'm sure that her advocacy touched you hearts. This week, we have a new beauty queen on our "Pageant Vixen Talks" she is Taylor Neisen. Taylor represented South Dakota in the 2012 Miss USA. Get to know her more on this weeks "Pageant Vixen Talks."



UBC: Who is Taylor that people don't really know?
Taylor: I love kids and have worked as a nanny for over 4 years. My favorite animal is a pig. I love 70’s fashion. I dream of opening up my own Pilates and yoga studio someday.

UBC: Was it your dream to become a beauty queen?
Taylor: I initially started competing just for fun. I knew nothing about beauty pageants when I entered Miss South Dakota Teen USA as a 15 year old. With my competitive nature, the idea of winning kept me coming back, just like any other sport. When I realized what a great opportunity it was to win the title, I decided to really work at achieving my goal to become Miss South Dakota USA. Becoming a beauty queen was never my dream, but rather having the ability to make a difference. Putting on my sash and crown is so fun, but that’s not what being a titleholder is all about. I’m so thrilled to have the opportunity to give back.

UBC: Who inspired you to join Miss South Dakota USA 2012?
Taylor: My 11 year-old niece Julia. She looks up to me in every aspect of life. When I saw what a positive impression I was making in her life, it inspired me to compete for a title that would allow me to have that exact same impact in the lives of other young women.



UBC: How is it being Miss South Dakota USA 2012?
Taylor: A dream-come-true. I am honored to represent the great state of South Dakota. I have had the opportunity to work with so many awesome organizations including the Special Olympics, Children’s Care Hospital, VA Hospitals, Made For Shade, and Focus Driven.

UBC: What is your advocacy as Miss South Dakota USA?
Taylor: I recently became the spokesperson for an organization called Focus Driven. Www.FocusDriven.org. I hope to bring awareness to how deadly using a cell phone while driving really is.

UBC: How were you preparing for Miss USA?
Taylor: The two most obvious answers are eating healthy and working out. Aside from that, I have really been focusing on getting my mind right. Competing for the title of Miss USA is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It’s a huge deal and I want to make sure I can look back on this experience and not have any regrets.



UBC: How do you balance time with your family and being Miss South Dakota USA?
Taylor: I include them in all of my adventures as Miss South Dakota USA. This year isn’t just about me, so I love sharing this experience with them. They are SO supportive!

UBC: How did Chandra Burnham, Miss South Dakota USA 2011, helped you for your preparations?
Taylor: She showed me that dreams do come true. Chandra never gave up her dream of becoming Miss South Dakota USA. After 3 years of competing in the Miss South Dakota Teen USA pageant and never winning, it would have been easy to give up. But, Chandra really set and example that hard work pays off.

UBC: What strategy did apply so that South Dakota would place this year?
Taylor: I plan to just be myself. That’s something that none of the other contestants can do. Not a single one of them can be me. That already sets me apart from all of the other girls.



UBC: How will you treasure this experience as being Miss South Dakota?
Taylor: Every single day I have to pinch myself. This has been a dream come true and I constantly remind myself of that.

UBC: How will you share this memorable experience to your future children and husband?
Taylor: I love to scrapbook. I take pictures at every event and am working on putting them all together in a scrapbook of my year. I can’t wait to look back on it with my kids someday.

UBC: Beauty Tip To All.
Taylor: Wear sunscreen. The sun damages your skin even in the winter. It’s so important to use a daily moisturizer that has an SPF.

UBC: Message to all your fans.
Taylor: Thank you SO MUCH for all of your support. You guys are what make this experience worth it.


Hope that everyone of you get to know her through this interview. Universal Beauty Council wishes Taylor Neisen all the best! Thank you to Miss USA website for the photos. We would also like to thank Ms. Libby Watkins for allowing us to interview Taylor.