Friday 30 September 2011

Universal Beauty Council`s Miss Universe 2011 Top 15 Best in National Costume!

by: Jayson Vasini


Welcome to my Miss Universe 2011 Best in National Costume Top 15! I am very excited of making this thread because National Costume is really a great part in any beauty pageant because in the appearance of the National Costume worn by the girl, it`s representing the culture and the land of the country.

There are many National Costumes this year which depicts their diverse culture. There are many who caught my eyes but there is only 15 I picked!

16th Brazil|Priscilla Machado
When you hear the world "Brazil" we think of the word "carnival". The National Costume of this girl is pretty expected. But the thing that I love most in her national costume is the silver boot-heeled shoes, the matching swimsuit and the head dress. I also love details, it`s really catchy. The feathered-Brazilian flag at the back is a perfect combination.

14th Philippines|Shamcey Supsup
What I love most on Philippines` National Costume is the lower part with butterflies, I love the color. The butterflies blends the reflecting color from the lights and I love the motion-effect that it stays in the previous position she was and then when you turn oppositely it turns into the new position, so the embroidery is just amazing. I love the corset-like upper part dress. I love the color and the glitters and the floral crown on her head.

13th Netherlands|Kelly Weekers
She looks royale in Gold there! The embroidery is spectacular! She looks like a wife of a rich pirate. I love the details. The headress is just amazing, the boat is stunning! The red pillow with the golden crown is just stunning. As what we have known red always stand out and I think the red pillow imparts it's properties into the golden crown which makes the crown stand out also!

12th USA|Alyssa Campanella
She looks like a sexy pirate. I love it! I think she`s going to steal the hearts of the many! I love the USA flag twist, it's amazing!  And the embroidery is shiny that`s why it`s catchy!

11th Egypt|Sara El-Khouly
I love the dress and the embroidery! The big open in her breast part is perfectly awesome! It just depicts the culture of Egypt! The color is catchy especially it complements well on her skin tone. The head dress is good and the elbow touch up to the ground is superb. I love the details and the designs! She looks like an Egyptian Prophet!

10th Chile|Vanessa Ceruti
What I love most in Chile`s National Costume is the blending of the layered colors! I so love the heeled-boots! And Ohmaaygaad I love the upper dress, the hammer, and the miner's cap! She looks like a sexy Chilean Miner dominating the underground. She just suits this National Costume knowing the fact that the color complements well on her skin tone.


9th Curacao|Eva Putten
I like that Hector Joaquin (her official trainer) chose to depict the national bird of Curacao. The layers of the embroidery is good. The blending of dark colors is also good. I love the wings and beak-type head dress and the shoes is just spectacular. I have no words to say anymore, she just looks gorgeous!

8th Nigeria|Sophie Gemal
It`s very rare for me to see this kind of national costume. Most of the time I only see this in heroic series like Power Rangers. The red beads are just stunning and the matching of flowy skirt is good. I love the head dress with the beaded-horn and I love the fact that it`s covering some parts of her face.

7th Cayman Islands|Cristin Alexander
This costume really amazes me! I wonder why it isn`t included at the Top 10 Official Best in National Costume in Miss Universe 2011. I love the color, it`s so sea-depicting! I love the semi-circular formation of the peacock-feather like structure at the back. The head dress is awesome! The bra and the swimsuit warp is just amazing and what makes me stunned the most is the wings! So amazing and worth clapping for!

6th Bolivia|Olivia Pinheiro
I love Olivia`s national costume. I love the way she carried it! The texture is just amazing! She looks like the Goddess of the wind in the appearance of an eagle! I love the colors of the feathers! The head dress is stunning! The wings in good also! and the spiky feathers at the feet part stunned me most! But why is the staff is missing? The staff with the bird. That would make her look better!

5th Thailand|Chanyasorn Sakornchan
I love the Thailand's National Costume. I love the gold color with the black details. The black full leggings is a wise decision. The circular lines is just catchy. The golden headress is also my love and the bird-like wings detail at the neck and back part is a perfect combination! And the shoes is so Thailandishh and Fashion Trendy!

4th Venezuela|Vanessa Goncalves
OMG! WOW! I love her National Costume! I love the detail at the back part, it is so stunning! I love the see-through leggings with the green and blue beads at the side. I love the tail, I love the pattern also! I love the hair dress. It`s really new fro, Venezuela! So spectacular!

3rd Mexico|Karin Ontiveros
I love her national costume. The bone of a head of a some sort of an animal with the feathers at the end is just amazing! I love the pink hat with the black embroidery is stunning. It`s a little bit like a Halloween costume but it`s alright. I love the touch patterns at the bottom most part of the dress.

2nd Panama|Sheldry Saez
I love her National Costume. The gold color is just spectacular! I love the circular peacock-feathers at the back. I love the cloth detail at her hand. It has the properties of an native Amazon costume. The head dress is just stunning. I love the structure at the breast part. I also love the blending of red and brown colors in the feathers.

UBC`s Best in National Costume for Miss Universe 2011
 Trinidad and Tobago|Gabrielle Walcott
I love it! It`s different and that`s what stunned me most! It`s telling the audience not to focus on her body but in the details at her side. I love the golden structure that connects her head and the red feathers. I love the red feathers at the side, it`s so stylish. The kind of swimsuit in her body is a twist! I love the red feathers at her both hands. The fall twist that`s connecting the part between her upper legs, it applies the inertia-motion law. RED ALWAYS STANDS OUT so she STANDS OUT THE MOST!