Monday 3 October 2011

Pageant Vixen Talks # 5: Gillain Berry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Pageant Vixen Talks # 5: Gillain Berry
by: Jay`Em

Ola! For the 5th edition of our Pageant Talks, a Caribbean lady who hails from Aruba will be joining us this whole week. She competed at Miss Universe 2011 in Sao Paulo, Brazil and hailed as one of the surprises of the pageant. This November she will compete at Miss World 2011 in London, UK.


1. Who is Gillain Berry by describing herself with 3 words?

Driven, Focused, Positive

2. 3 things you cannot live without?

Food, Water, Family

3. When winning Miss Aruba, how did it changed your life?

It changed my life in the sense that everyone wants to know about you and you kind of loose your privacy but it has also thought me how to open up myself more to new relationships with new people I met. It have definitely develop my personality a lot more.

4. Who was your 1st friend when you were in Brazil?
Miss Colombia and Miss Philippines, we where on the same flight from Bogota to Sao Paulo.


5. How did you prepare for the pageant?
In every way possible, physically, mentally, spiritual, and emotionally.... there was never a moment where I didn't feel prepared.

6. Did you ever expected to be in the top 16?

Yes... I felt prepared well enough to make it to the Top 5 and then battle it out with the questions.

7. After Miss Universe, what are your advocacies?

My advocacies is bringing awareness to different causes that I come across. Bringing attention and support to these very important causes. In Aruba I work closely with the "E Faro" cause which means "The Light" which is about sexual health and awareness preventing HIV/AIDS and providing support.


8. Is it true your joining Miss World 2011? How will you prepare?

Yes, I will joining Miss World 2011, I will prepare in the best that I can. Giving it my all.

9. Message to your fans and the Universal Beauty Council
Always stay true to yourself, it's important to never lose the sense of who you really are and what you would like to achieve in life.


Hope you will be glad and wish her luck for Miss World, you can tweet her at @Gillain_Berry she would be so happy to hear from her fans! WATCH OUT FOR MORE PAGEANT VIXEN TALKS!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Pageant Talk # 1: Gianna Quintos
by: Jay`Em

Pageant Vixen Talk # 2 : Lissette Garcia
by: Jay`Em

Pageant Vixen Talk # 3: Nikolina Loncar
by: Jay`Em

Pageant Vixen Talk # 4: Larisa Popa
by: Jay`Em